Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Party Week!


So as many of you are aware a pretty significant week past a little while ago. It's always a particularly eventful one in the V household. It is not only the week of one birthday, but actually it contains FOUR. As a result, we have consented to simply celebrating the entire week as one large birthday PARTY WEEK!

So we kicked it off last Monday with a trip up to park city. There is this wonderful Thai restaurant there that i find SUPERB. I highly recommend it. :) Their curry is to die for! We got these awesome coupons for a free meal so it was perfect. I love Park City. There is nothing better than the ability to feel like you are far from Utah even if you still are in it. It's a wonderful getaway, especially now while it's snowy and white. Park City at it's peak.

Tuesday was my Birthday. I didn't really want to do anything huge. Lately it seems that Dallin and I don't see each other nearly often enough, and when we do we are usually with people. (Not that it's a bad thing, but you gotta have alone time too) So we decided to spend the majority of the day alone together. My sister and nephew were in town, so we went to lunch with my family and then Dallin took me to the Living Planet Aquarium. The picture is of Dallin driving a pretend boat. (stealing it from the small children really) I LOVE AQUARIUMS. Given, after seeing such aquariums like chicago and hilton head it wasn't quite that impressive, but again it was a good way to feel like we weren't in Utah.  They had a pretty sweet Octopus too. We window shopped quite a bit and took it easy. Wonderful day.
It was definately a polar opposite from last year. (My 21st in which we all took turns saying "my name is sam and i like to party" and then bonging different flavors of soda. see below:)
Bad Stomache Aches... But SOO Funny
On Friday we went to see "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Hale Theatre. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE this theatre. I loved this play too. So funny. I highly recommend it to anyone. I'm not gonna lie though. I liked it better in this theatre than i did when i saw it in Cleveland. (Not a community theatre) Says alot for the acting in this god forsaken state. :)

Saturday was of course Dallin's special day (as well as my brother-in-laws) but he always has had a bad attitude towards his b-day. He claims it's the worst day of the year. You can see how this would create a dilemma in terms of me trying to make it the best day of the year for him... But, I am happy to report that he enjoyed himself! The V family was in town and so we went snowboarding with them. Probably the most fun we have both ever had boarding.  It was a good group and we were all around the same playing level in terms of speed. It makes such a difference!! I'm usually the one slowing EVERYONE down. :)  We then had a couple people to my mom's house where she made the most delicious ribs ever.

Needless to say. I think that it was a successful party week for everyone who was involved. :) I'm just excited that Dallin enjoyed his own birthday for once. Sorry I have been such a freaking slacker. If it's any consolation to my blogging friends... i never get on facebook either...heh...

4 comments:

Alyssa and Dave said...

i'm glad you had fun..but dang you seem to hate utah in this post... ready to move much? we'll be up next weekend so i hope we get to see you!!!

valerie said...

Sam you are hilarious. Looks like you are having fun. Miss you! If you hate Utah try Kansas City!!
Give your mom a hug for me.

Randi said...

soda bong! i feel like this should be a huge part of my life. happy birthday to both of you!

Katey and Justin said...

I'm so glad my bonging picture was the one that made the cut for your blog :) Party week was so fun this year! I promise I'll update my blog soon. Love you!