If you are going to a show at "In The Venue" in SLC and you are over 21, don't suffer down in the pit. Go upstairs. Holy crap it is so much better. No stupid people pushing you over. Also the crowd last night was totally brutal! There were at least 8 girls that i counted who had to be pulled over the front barrier because they had either passed out or gotten injured. Brutal.
Andrew McMahon (On the piano in the 1st pic) is our favorite performer (by far) and also a hero to both Dallin and I. While we were absorbing the whole atmosphere of the show, I had an opportunity to think back on all the ways this man has shaped my life.I was thinking back to the good old days with Something Corporate when he would light his piano on fire, have everyone stick their middle fingers in the air for "If you see Jordan" and ask for the most intense mosh pits capable from his crowd. That band literally shaped the way i looked at music in highschool. And You know the music you listen to in Highschool kinda defines your highschool and college experience. Songs like "Watch the Sky" and "Ben Franklin's Kite" totally saved my spirits during rough times. He is such a talent. There is nothing he has ever put out or contributed to in some way that i haven't been absolutely in love with.
Me and Dallin kinda started dating because the first thing we ever talked about was Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate, and Dallin couldn't believe that there was a such thing as a girl who listened to all the same music as he did, so he asked me out. Thank you Andrew!! If it weren't for his music, Dallin may not have asked me out in the first place, and now he's the most amazing husband i could ask for! Jack's has been a pretty big part of our relationship too. He always has claim to the first album we'll listen to on every single road trip we ever take. We listen to him while we clean house. Songs from his newest album "The Glass Passenger" such as "Swim" and "Hammers and Strings" have gotten us through some tough stuff too. His entire story is completely inspirational. He conquered leukemia at such a young age. To anyone who hasn't seen "Dear Jack" I highly recommend it. It's the whole story of him overcoming it. He is such a good example of endurance, positive thinking, and determination. We love andrew. He is our Hero, and both Dallin and I have little crushes on him... especially Dallin... Total man-crush.
The show was awesome. I am stunned with the Salt Lake crowd when it comes to music. Hate them with sports, love them with music. I think only in Utah could you find a crowd in which you can hear harmonies singing along with the band. They are very receptive to new music. I also find it hilarious that bands can't go through salt lake without making some kind of a "keeping it clean for utah" joke. I giggle every time.
I wish i had've gotten pictures of Brian and Jennica and my sister Claire and her friend Aubrey, but they all left before we could find them. Sad day. Anyway, we have quite a bit of respect and adoration for this amazing musician. We wouldn't be the same without him and for that he deserves a shout out.
2 comments:
Dear Sam. I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thing up to date. I sure like knowing what you guys are up to. One of these days I will be awesome too. Lots of love- Britt
so sam apologize miles and i went to the same concert for vday! haha we always have had great taste in music.. and jacks mannequinn seems to be a great conversation starter with new couples.. it was miles and my first convo as well! haha im sure you know copeland is playing their last show in slc march 18. Miles and i are going.. maybe we can tag team.. text me and we will talk.. even if you dont go we would love to see you two! 702-372-5105
Post a Comment