Friday, March 19, 2010

The Hunger Games

I am of the school of thought that if you find a good book, it should be shared with others

So as many of you know, I have been sick for a little over a week now. As a result I have been taking off mass amounts of work and spending a rediculous number of hours simply sitting on the couch in our living room reading books and watching movies. I would like to proudly announce that I finished The Hunger Games and 2/3 of the 2nd book of the series, Catching Fire, within just a few of those days.

I'll admit Dallin rolled his eyes when he saw i was rereading books again but can i say, I LOVE THESE MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHERS. It was only my second time reading these ones, but I HAVE to take the opportunity to say that if you haven't read them, do it. They are amazing. I love them more than I love the Twilight series. More than the Uglies series. More than the Harry Potter series. Needless to say i highly recommend them.
The third book is coming out in late August and they're scheduled to be making a movie for the first book in 2011. :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Samantha...You don't know me, but I am Dallins Cousin Brandi. I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog from time to time to see how you guys are. You are more then welcome to come and visit my blog parkmiracles.blogspot.com. I got yours off of Courts.

I haven't read these books yet, but I have heard nothing but good about them. Sorry you have been sick, but I'm happy that you had a chance to just sit and read. Sometimes that is so nice.

It is nice to (kind of) meet you Samantha. I have heard amazing things about you. Hope you and Dal are doing great! Tell him hello from his long lost cous Brandi. It has been a really long time since I have seen him!

ChristineRoss said...

I listened to The Hunger Games while I was driving across the country and LOVED it! I'm so excited to read Catching Fire now. Thanks for the tip :) miss you. come visit me in DC.