Cheese-tastic? Yes of course. I can't deny it. But true? Holy Crap Yes.
So you know how in church people always tell those tithing stories.. you know the ones i'm talking about.. well.. I was always one of those people who kinda rolled their eyes every time someone would tell one of those stories. CONSIDER ME HUMBLED. On so many levels. Let me start by saying; I am so grateful to the people on this earth who let themselves become the hands of our Heavenly Father. It's not an easy thing to do sometimes, especially with big things. On that note, I would like to tell whoever wants to know about the experience me and Dallin have shared this week.
There are ups and downs when it comes to doing what is right, right? Well, this past month has been super difficult particularly in the tithing department. We were seriously struggling to pay all of our bills and rent and preparing for christmas and on top of it all our tithing slipped through the cracks.. don't really need to get the nitty gritty but lets just say that it was quite a sum that we were falling behind with on our tithing. We kept track of course, having every intention of paying it all, but the bills were coming first. Finally, last week we sat down and talked about it, both agreeing that it was getting way out of hand and we needed to pay our tithing.
This morning we received a letter stating that this person had been prompted we needed help which, YES, we did. They sent a check for the exact amount of money that we had paid tithing for. I about cried. We didn't know what to say to each other. We can afford Christmas now, and our rent check is set. I am so humbled and so grateful. It is truly a Christmas miracle. And to whoever you are, I don't even know if you blog, you don't realize the extent to which we are grateful for your willingness to be God's Hands. God Bless You.

2 comments:
Don't you just love when stuff like that happens!!! It is just amazing!
Sam you just made me tear up. Thanks for strengthening my testimony this morning. what an awesome story to start the day with!! I love you Van Blerkoms!
Post a Comment