
People are always making that analogy about how your life is a movie and after we die everyone who had any little part in it will sit down and watch it. Well I'm sure I'm not the only one but i think my whole life i've been compiling songs to blend into a soundtrack. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I think that me and Dallin's new goal is to collect as many of the albums involved in our joint soundtrack on vinyl and lately we've started getting closer to our goal. We got a few really rare ones including In Reverie by Saves the Day which you can't even get on iTunes anymore. Sad day, it's such a good album.
Anyway, so like i said i have been thinking about it a lot lately and there is just a plethora of amazing music out there how is anyone to decide? well i've decided that there have to be different soundtracks to every genre of our lives right? there couldn't possibly be a soundtrack of 20 songs to fit our lives. I mean we can try all day to narrow down our favorite 20 songs or even the 20 songs that relate most to our lives but there is no way that even 20 songs could cover the whole spectrum of human emotion. Especially when we are teenagers or pre-teens. holy crap at that age we think the world is either ending or a complete utopia. I think that if we were to only choose 20 songs our movie would be ridiculously redundant. Like Top Gun for example, don't get me wrong it's an awesome movie, but anyone who says that those songs don't get annoying by the end is lying. So let's put this whole idea to rest. Let's just sit back. enjoy the music and let it be a suprise when we all sit down to watch that non-existant movie everyone keeps talking about. And if we do actually do that, well it'll be one hell of a soundtrack.
1 comment:
Your movie is going to be longer than your actual lifetime to accomodate all of the music. I request an invite.
Post a Comment