Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's All About the Books

So yesterday Dallin insisted on going to Barnes and Noble for seemingly no reason whatsoever. I just figured he wanted to check out the magazines. (That's usually all he likes to do there considering everytime we go it's upon my request) So i found a book to occupy my time while he went to do his thing. 20 minutes later he taps me on the shoulder with 4 books (some looked kinda girly) in his arms. He says "I'm sick of seeing you read the same freaking books all the time. I've found you new ones." I had to giggle. I knew he was just trying to help my dilemma. (It's been so slow at the spa lately that i've gone through 4 books in the past 2 weeks and am currently reading New Moon for the 3rd time) I think he's afraid that if i keep re-reading the same books i'll get sick of reading altogether. I actually got excited though. He grabbed me some that I'd heard were good. He got me:

1) The Memory Keepers Daughter (highly recommended by my mother)

2) some vampire book that will probably give me nightmares but he said he'd heard was awesome (The Strain)

3) The Road which i've never heard of but was apparently written by someone in some movie position that's done something amazing that Dallin loved

4) East of Eden which he said was supposed to be a challenge for me. We shall see. It looks interesting.

It just made me giggle and that made me feel the need to share. I will say though that he was slightly annoyed when i told him i was still going to finish New Moon even though i've read it already a bajillion times. I told him it was like turning off one of his favorite movies halfway through. Am i wrong? I like re-reading books. You notice more everytime you read them. It's like watching movies over except the entertainment lasts longer. Books are my favorite. It's all about the books.

Ps. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions about the portrait vocally or blogging. :) Very helpful!

4 comments:

Meg and Ryan said...

Haha, oh my gosh that is so dang cute! I LOVE books, i might have to pick up a few that you got:-)

miss aubrey said...

That is ADORABLE! And what could be better than an afternoon at Barnes and Noble?! East of Eden is one of my all time favorite books by my all time favorite author! I read it this year and then made Phil read it. I'll have to check out the others next time I'm looking for a good read!

Randi said...

I love re-reading books too. But I would advise against the memory keepers daughter if you want to be a happy human being for the days that you read it. it is one of the very few books i stopped reading in the middle- it was just too sad!

valerie said...

SAM!!!! SAM!!!! SAM!!!!!

I love your blog! I love seeing you all grown up. You are beautiful. I am so glad you posted all the pictures of your wedding. I love the Oakland Temple.

Now we can both keep tabs on each other. I had thought of you a lot recently!

You keep having fun. Miss you lots, but glad I can at least see you here.
Love to you...
Valerie