Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Magic is Back

I can't even believe how much of a difference it makes having a little guy around the holidays. This year was the first since I was 15 that I've been excited for.  There's something to be said for the spirits of little children. Holden isn't old enough to get into the commercial aspects of christmas but there is definitely a distinct difference in our home and in his demeanor when he sees the tree plugged in and we listen to Christmas tunes. You can tell he knows theres something special going on when he touches the tree lights so gently. (he doesn't touch anything gently.)
(It's worth having the bottom two branches of the tree bare)

I'm excited for next year when we can do a bit more of the commercial stuff.. elf on the shelf and santa and such, but we've enjoyed this year so much being able to just enjoy the spirit of it all. I can't remember the last time I felt that. Thanks to Grandpa and Denise and Grandma and Robbie for pulling everything together for our little man. He has loved it all, and so have we.

Everyone have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: